Saturday, September 12, 2009

My kinda lasagna

So I was completely glued to the TV all summer whenever new episodes of The Next Food Network Star aired on Sunday nights. I was all about the drama and cat fights, but I was really elated when stay-at-home-mom Melissa D'Arabian won.

Having said that, I was also a big fan of Jeffrey Saad, the runner up to the title. What I loved about Melissa is all the great tips I took away from her on camera presence, but Jeffrey always made my mouth water whenever he'd cook and talk about his food.

He recently created some webisodes on FN's website and I happily watched all of them. One of the webisodes featured a Spanish-stlye smoked paprika and chorizo open-face lasagna. As I watched, I furiously wrote down all of the ingredients for the recipe so I could make if for dinner sometime.

Well that sometime was tonight and oh boy was it delicious. The smoked paprika and chorizo gave it a completely different dimension than what you're used to eating with traditional lasagna. Not only was it faster and easier than traditional lasagna, but it tasted better too.
spanish style lasagna

No comments:

Post a Comment